The last blog post I wrote was all about three steps to increase your website traffic and it is clear that blogging is of huge importance to any online marketing.
Make your blog titles count!
Something that is very important is the title of the post and also the keyword selection you use within.
Incase you are unaware what a keyword is it is a word that you are targeting the search engines to look for in your page to give it more relevance to a users search.
For instance, my keyword might be ‘twitter profile’ then the website must include this keyword throughout the article without making it look ‘faked’.
Go forth and populate my keyword minions!
You need it in your title, your page url, your heading tags, your paragraphs and even in your alt tags for images! Don’t stress though, search engines are clever, they will look at the rest of your content and see how relevant your content is to your keyword without actually being your keyword!
So now you have an idea about keywords you might realise why what you title your blogs is so important! If you are still a bit stifled for ideas then here are 9 ideas to help you start those creative cogs turning!
1. What does (fill in service/product) do?
2. An insight into a (your job)’s role
3. 3 things you should always consider when choosing (service/product)
4. What to expect from your (service/product here)
5. Should I buy a (your service/product)
6. Opposing service/product vs your service/product ( start with positive points about the opposing service and where that competition might actually be the answer to the readers problem).
7. 5 problems with your service/product (then turn it around to help people make decisions)
8. Best price for a (your product/service) – ( make comparisons with others and why you are cheaper or more expensive than the competition or alternatively what you think is important in your/product service.
9. Should I buy product A or product B.
Notice that these headers are all asking questions , questions that your potential customer might have! By blogging about these topics you are educating your customers and that is great way to build trust with your possible customers as it empowers them to be able to make decisions and shows that you care about giving good service and advice to those that need your business.
A great tip I read from the http://www.thesaleslion.com/ is that to take time to consider questions that your customers ask you. Usually they are about pricing or time but there may be some other questions that are not price related, these are fantastic things to blog about and will help you generate new content for your business blog!
Best of luck writing your blogs and remember this is meant to be fun and not a chore!
If you have any tips how to generate new ideas for blog posts please comment in the box below! Or should you need help with a specific topic and want me to help you generate some ideas please get in touch and i will see what i can do 🙂